UPDATE -- Businesses Lose an Average of $11,000 per Employee Every Year Due to Ineffective Communications and Collaboration
- Employees spend over two-thirds of their time connecting and collaborating.
- Nearly 15 percent of employees' total work time is wasted inefficient communications.
- Businesses with 500 employees could be losing well over
- Disparate platforms and applications make chat and IM challenging.
Additional findings from the report:
- Employees spend more than two-thirds of their day communicating and collaborating, yet lose almost 15 percent of total work time. In an age where users are a screen tap away from connecting to other people, businesses are faced with many choices for enabling employees to communicate. This often leads to a mashup of conflicting and incompatible applications and tools. The result—productivity suffers and teamwork breaks down as silos appear and galvanize across organizations.
- Chat and IM remain a challenge for businesses given the inconsistency of applications. When reviewing collaboration tools, IT decision-makers need to ensure employees, and those outside the organization who engage with the business, are using an interface that can tie together disparate platforms and applications. Bringing these
together can save businesses money and provide a path to digital transformation.
- Employees spend most of their communications time reading and replying to email. This suggests email remains the default tool despite the fact new enterprise applications that combine collaboration, chat, video and voice in a consistent workflow are becoming more prevalent. Lack of interoperability across platforms continues to make email the "go to" mode of communications, even as it is being stretched beyond its initial purpose.
"This study underscores the alarming cost of poor communications and collaboration, and how companies of all sizes are artificially constrained by the very tools that were intended to improve their ability to be productive," said
"For a company with 500 employees, as an example, the typical cost of inefficient communications is well over
*Webtorials Workplace Productivity and Communications Technology Report:
Results and analysis are based on responses from over 900 business professionals across
Mitelis the largest provider of cloud business communications in the world with more than three million cloud subscribers. (Source: Synergy Research Group) Mitelis the only brand to appear in all five Gartner Magic Quadrants for business communications. Mitelis an exhibitor at Enterprise Connect March 27-30in Orlando, Fla.; booth #518.
- Download a free copy of the "
Team Collaboration & Communications for Dummies" eBook.
- See how the
San Diego Padresand Michael Johnson Performance rely on Mitelto support their high-performance organizations.
- Interested in joining the
Mitel User Group? Get more information here.
Twitter: Businesses lose an average of
Employee Productivity, Collaboration, Digital Transformation
A global market leader in enterprise communications powering more than two billion business connections,
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|Media - |
|Media - EMEA/AP|
+44 (0) 1291 612 646
News Provided by Acquire Media