UPDATE -- Businesses Lose an Average of $11,000 per Employee Every Year Due to Ineffective Communications and Collaboration
Survey Unveils Bottom Line Impact of Subpar Capabilities on Productivity Costing Millions
- Employees spend over two-thirds of their time connecting and collaborating.
- Nearly 15 percent of employees' total work time is wasted inefficient communications.
- Businesses with 500 employees could be losing well over $5 million annually.
- Disparate platforms and applications make chat and IM challenging.
OTTAWA, March 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in enterprise communications, today launched the first in a series of reports examining the cost of inadequate enterprise communications and collaboration capabilities. The independent survey, conducted by Webtorials, analyzed the ways people interact both inside and outside an organization. Responses from participants* across North America and Europe uncovered preferred methods and tools for communicating, as well as the yearly impact of losses in productivity costing $11,000 on average, per employee.
Additional findings from the report:
- Employees spend more than two-thirds of their day communicating and collaborating, yet lose almost 15 percent of total work time. In an age where users are a screen tap away from connecting to other people, businesses are faced with many choices for enabling employees to communicate. This often leads to a mashup of conflicting and incompatible applications and tools. The result—productivity suffers and teamwork breaks down as silos appear and galvanize across organizations.
- Chat and IM remain a challenge for businesses given the inconsistency of applications. When reviewing collaboration tools, IT decision-makers need to ensure employees, and those outside the organization who engage with the business, are using an interface that can tie together disparate platforms and applications. Bringing these
together can save businesses money and provide a path to digital transformation.
- Employees spend most of their communications time reading and replying to email. This suggests email remains the default tool despite the fact new enterprise applications that combine collaboration, chat, video and voice in a consistent workflow are becoming more prevalent. Lack of interoperability across platforms continues to make email the "go to" mode of communications, even as it is being stretched beyond its initial purpose.
"This study underscores the alarming cost of poor communications and collaboration, and how companies of all sizes are artificially constrained by the very tools that were intended to improve their ability to be productive," said Bob Agnes, EVP & President of Enterprise Division,
Mitel "By leveraging professional-grade, yet flexible, technologies for voice, video and chat needs, Mitel can help businesses establish their best path forward so the whole of an organization can work as one."
"For a company with 500 employees, as an example, the typical cost of inefficient communications is well over $5 million (USD) per year as outlined in our report," said Steven Taylor, Founder and CEO, Webtorials. "While there is no communications and collaboration infrastructure that can recover all of this expense, a careful examination of methods and systems can have an immense payoff in potentially recouping millions of dollars."
*Webtorials Workplace Productivity and Communications Technology Report:
Results and analysis are based on responses from over 900 business professionals across North America and Western Europe. See report for full demographic breakdown.
- Mitel is the largest provider of cloud business communications in the world with more than three
million cloud subscribers. (Source: Synergy Research Group)
- Mitel is the only brand to appear in all five Gartner Magic Quadrants for business communications.
- Mitel is an exhibitor at Enterprise Connect March 27-30 in Orlando, Fla.; booth #518.
Twitter: Businesses lose an average of $11,000 per employee every year due to ineffective
communications and collaboration
Employee Productivity, Collaboration, Digital Transformation
A global market leader in enterprise communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: Mitel Networks
News Provided by Acquire Media
Close window | Back to top