Mitel Releases Unified Communicator® Advanced 3.1
High adoption spurs further solution enhancements
OTTAWA, Ontario – April 13, 2010
- Mitel®, the trusted provider of unified communications software solutions, today released version 3.1 of its Unified Communicator® (UC) Advanced solution.
- UC Advanced allows users single-portal access to all collaboration tools, including deskphone, softphone, mobile devices, visual voice mail, secure instant messaging, presence, audio and web conferencing, desktop video conferencing, document sharing, and email.
- Mitel is offering three key enhancements to UC Advanced: web and mobile portal improvements, a new dynamic location client application available for BlackBerry® smartphones, and the offering of UC Advanced as a server appliance.
- With the continued demand for road and corridor warrior applications, UC Advanced Web and Mobile Portals have been enhanced to allow the user to work independently of the PC client. UC Advanced Web and Mobile Portals continue to allow the user to view corporate contacts and user and device presence information, view call history and voice mail message details, and download and play voice mail messages from the web browser.
- UC Advanced Dynamic Location, available for BlackBerry smartphones, allows the user to define the GPS locations to associate with each Dynamic Status, and changes Dynamic Status based on GPS location or by manual selection. Mitel's innovative development allows for GPS location capabilities with minimal drain on device batteries.
- Additionally, by making UC Advanced available as a server appliance pre-installed with Mitel Standard Linux®, Mitel provides a low-overhead, easily deployed solution for businesses of all sizes.
- With a single interface and capabilities that enable mobility, integration, and efficiency from a single launching point, the solution plays a critical role for businesses seeking to collaborate with employees, partners, and customers.
- Mitel’s solutions offer rich collaboration capabilities as workforces become more scattered and business travel is on the downswing, as well as Mitel's ability to deliver solutions that provide the same in-office experience to workers regardless of location. Additionally, the growing number of devices available to improve workplace efficiency requires a consolidated interface for ease of use.
- Additionally, Unified Communicator® (UC) Express, a serverless unified communications client that provides productivity enhancements like click-to-dial, incoming caller ID pop-up, PC-based missed calls, and speed calls list, is now free for Mitel 5000 Communications Platform (CP) customers.
- For full solution details, please visit: http://www.mitel.com/DocController?documentId=16380.
"Collaboration is a growing business challenge in today's global environment. As device sophistication and functionality grow, so does the need to manage them through a single interface. These enhancements to Unified Communicator Advanced meet the growing need for innovative collaboration solutions, and the consistent sales prove once again that Mitel has solved the problem of what enterprises need and continues to show how Mitel leads the way in innovation and feature richness."
—Stephen Beamish, VP Marketing and Business Development, Mitel
"Being able to find—and contact—the right person at the right time is critical to keeping our business moving. Using the Dynamic Status and visual voice mail options available with Mitel's Unified Communicator Advanced, we ensure that all of our employees have the tools to be as productive as possible, while allowing us to get business done in real time."
—Stephen Madaffari, Principal, HTSny Inc.
"Every day, we hear from our Mitel users on the importance of collaboration, and how crucial it is to have visibility into employee availability in order to provide improved service to partners and customers. Unified Communicator Advanced provides substantial benefits to organizations around the globe and meets our customers’ immediate communication needs."
—Robert Handel, Vice President of Sales, Cortel Business Solutions, Inc.
Mitel delivers flexibility and simplicity in smart unified communications solutions and applications for organizations of all sizes. Combined with a full range of managed services that include voice and data network design and traffic provisioning, custom application development, and attractive financing options, Mitel is reinventing how successful organizations gain competitive advantage by easily collaborating and communicating over distance and time with customers, colleagues and partners. Mitel's (http://www.mitel.com/) U.S. headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. Global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Close window | Back to top